"Production-Grade Container Orchestration"
Kubernetes is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
- A software system that allows you to deploy and manage containerized applications on top of it easily
- Exposes the underlying infrastructure as a single computational resource
- Consistent deployment experience regardless of the size of the cluster
- Enables developers to deploy their applications themselves and as often as they want
- Enables the ops team by automatically monitoring and rescheduling those apps in the event of a hardware failure
- The focus from supervising individual apps to mostly supervising and managing Kubernetes and the rest of the infrastructure
- Abstracts away the hardware infrastructure and exposes your whole data center as a single gigantic computational resource